Nashville–> Cork

February 25th, 2016 ewferg17

What’s Good Readers,

Sorry I’m a week late on my post, it’s been pretty busy around here. I’ve been traveling, looking for a summer internship, working on my thesis application, and trying to have some fun in between. At this point I’m just trying to keep all the balls in the air.

Anywho, enough about my stress levels, this week’s post will be a recap of my friends Arianna and Allison’s visit to Cork. It was so nice to catch up with them and show them around Cork. I picked Arianna up at the bus stop on late Friday afternoon. After chatting for a little while we headed out for dinner at Quinlan’s Seafood (I got a shrimp sandwich that was delicious). We went back to my apartment afterwards and went to bed early since she was tired from a day of travel and I needed some rest too. The next morning, Allison arrived from London and I made pancakes for breakfast (Shoutout to my mom for the pancake mix). It had been so long since any of us had eaten American pancakes so we were definitely happy to be chowing down. After breakfast, we made our way through Cork city to the Tower of Shandon at St. Anne’s Church. Allison and I walked up the tower and rang the bells ( we played Amazing Grace & Here Comes the Sun haha). We then headed to the Cork Butter Museum for a lesson on the impact of Kerrygold butter on Ireland and the Cork Butter Market. Later that night, we went to my favorite pub, The Franciscan Well, for some wood-fired pizza and a pint. We then headed to the Oliver Plunkett for a taste of some Irish traditional music. We turned in early for the night since we had an early wake up time the next day for our cliffs of moher tour. We boarded a packed bus  warm and headed to the cliffs. After stopping for lunch, we finally made it to the cliffs. It was my third time going there so I was an expert at this point. It was probably the best weather conditions for a visit since it was sunny and not as windy for once (truly shocking), but it was also really muddy. We took pictures and boarded the bus back to Cork. We made an impromptu dinner of pasta, spinach, and chicken (All of my previously bought stir-fry ingredients expired!). Despite an uncomfortably warm bus ride, it was a great trip to the beautiful Cliffs of Moher (I think 3 times is enough for me though haha).

I’ve known Arianna and Allison since my lower and middle school days (USN Tigers forever!). Even though we didn’t go to high school together, we’ve always kept in touch and it was such a pleasure to show them my new adopted city of Cork. Anyway, I’m visiting Allison in London this weekend and I think I hear my thesis application calling me so I’m signing off. Until Next Time,

Keep Calm and Stay Balanced

Elena

(Having computer issues so I will post a separate post with the pics on it when I get them resolved)