Beyonce, Black Girl Magic, and Bowls of Super

February 10th, 2016 ewferg17

Salutations Readers,

As you all know, this past weekend was the Super Bowl aka the most-watched sporting event of the year. If you know me, you know that I don’t really concern myself with watching sports (I’m usually to busy watching scandal), especially football (it’s too long and too much starting/stopping). Every February, I tune in to the halftime show only and then I go about my business (I make sure I know who wins just for conversational purposes). This year’s halftime show was no different except the time difference played a significant role in my viewing. I didn’t feel like staying up to watch the show so I had to watch it the next morning. I was excited that Coldplay was headlining (have you heard their new album?? Its got some gems on it)  and even more excited that Bruno Mars and Beyonce would be accompanying them.

I loved the show!! Beyonce stole the show and her performance of her new song Formation was amazing. For those who missed to, not only did she pay homage to the King of Pop, MJ himself with her attire,  but she also honored the 50th anniversary of the Black Panthers by having her backup dancers rock their natural hair and berets. She was unapologetically black and sprinkled a little bit of black girl magic on the field (I’ll post a link below if you don’t know what that is).

Little to report this week overall. Tried a vegetarian restaurant in Cork on Friday night. I was initially a little skeptical because my last vegetarian restaurant experience involved a veggie burger that was not meat like at all and had an odd mixture of seeds/beans in it. I got a veggie lasagna and some pasta salad that actually weren’t that bad. It was a nice change of pace from my usual carnivorous choices and it was a healthier option that I’m sure my body will thank me for later. In other news, two of my pals from Nashville are coming to visit me in Cork this weekend (Shoutout to Arianna and Allison)! They will be my first visitors to Cork and I’ve got some great things planned! Look out for next week’s blog for a recap. Until next time,

Keep Calm and Ladies Let’s Get in Formation

Elena

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-is-black-girl-magic-video_us_5694dad4e4b086bc1cd517f4