Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh My!!

February 7th, 2016 ewferg17

Hey Readers!

Sorry I’m a little late on delivering this blog. I normally update my blog on Wednesdays, but I had to go on a field trip for one of my classes and it ended up taking a little bit longer than I anticipated. Between that and classes, I just didn’t have time to write it. But fear not, I couldn’t let you guys go a week without an inspirational word from your favorite globetrotter

Last week, I went on a little adventure with a new girl that I met recently in one of my classes named Mary. She’s from France but has also lived in Germany. Mary and I spent took the train to Fota Wildlife Park, a wildlife park about 15 minutes outside Cork city. What makes Fota a little bit different from your average zoo, is that the animals enclosures are much larger and more  open. So much so that we even saw some kangaroos and a peacock outside their enclosures!! We spent the day walking around the 75 acre facility admiring all the animals. We saw butterflies, giraffes cheetahs, and every animal in between. It was pretty chilly outside, but it was nice to see something new in Cork and embrace my inner kiddo again. Mary and I rounded out our trip with a visit to my favorite hot chocolate place in Cork, O’Connells.

Not really much else going on this side of the pond. I’m applying to the Sociology Honors Program, in which if I’m accepted, I will conduct my own research over the course of my senior year and write a thesis. I’ve secured an faculty advisor and I know that I want to research some aspect of the black millennial travel movement (If you don’t know what that is, I’ll post a link below), but I’m struggling to narrow down exactly what I want to research. The application is due sometime in early March so I’ve really gotta get moving on it (I guess it’s time to release my inner sociologist). It’s 1:19am here in Ireland, so I think that’s my q to sign off for now. Until next time,

Keep Calm and Run Wild

Elena

Just trying to be as tall as the giraffes.

Strut like you mean it.

Strut like you mean it.

We turned our wait for the train into a photo shoot!